- Information that you provide to us
- Information that we collect
- How we will use your information
- Sharing of your information
- Changing your information or contact preferences/opting-out
- Managing cookies
- Your privacy rights
- California privacy rights
Throughout your use of the Sites, you may provide us with the following information:
- Contact information, such as your name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address, home phone number, cell phone number, work phone number, such as when you make a purchase as a guest or register on the Sites by creating an account.
- Transaction information, such as products purchased, limited payment information, delivery options and information in order for us to process returns, refunds, and cancellations.
- Survey response data, contest, promotion or event entry information.
- Demographic information, such as your gender and age.
- Physical characteristics, such as information about your hair type, style, length and/or health
- Lifestyle interests
- If you are a salon professional, we may also collect information such as your name, license information, job title, and information about your salon or professional services.
- Whether or not you choose to opt-in to communications from Virtue.
- Information that you provide about others, which may include name, email address and mailing address for friends or family such as when you purchase Virtue products as a gift or you want us to send free samples of our products.
- Any other information you choose to provide when you contact us or otherwise engage with us through the Sites, such as information about a technical request or customer service support request, or information you type into our chat features.
Virtue and/or our third party service providers may use technologies that collect information automatically about your device and how you use the Sites and/or social media sites. This information may include, without limitation device information, Site usage information, information from third parties and web analytics.
Some internet browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites your preferences about how your online activities are tracked. At this time, the Sites do not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services when you use the Sites.
- IP address
- Browser type
- Device type
- Application version
- Mobile device information, including device location
We may use your device information to help us administer the Site, diagnose problems, analyze trends, track usage and identify you, your account and your shopping cart.
Site Usage Information
- Web pages viewed
- Browsing time
- Links you click on
- Use of features or applications of the Sites
Social Networking Sites
- Information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds
- We may offer you the ability to link or log-in to your Virtue account using your social media or other third party accounts. If you opt to link or log-in using your social media or third party accounts, we may collect, store, and use information the providers of those accounts may give us, and we may share information with those providers. If you have questions about the information those providers may collect in connection with the use of their account linking or log-in features, please see those providers’ privacy policies.
These data help us understand what users of the Sites find interesting and relevant so that we can deliver the most relevant content to each user of the Sites.
“Cookies” are data files placed on a device when it is used to visit a website, social networking site or mobile site. We will place cookies on your device to identify it and to personalize your experience, based on other information we may have collected about you.
Cookies may also be used by social networking sites like Facebook and Instagram.
Pixel Tags or Web Beacons
We also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent graphic images used to indicate that content has been viewed or used to tell your browser to get content from another server.
Information From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Companies that may sell Virtue products or offer Virtue products as part of promotions
- Beauty professionals that promote Virtue products
- Data providers that collect demographic or marketing-related information
- Third party applications or social media applications
Virtue may use the information you provide to us or we collect from you or third parties in the following ways:
- To verify your identity to facilitate your usage of the Sites, your account management and any transactions you make on the Sites
- To identify you as an individual in order to provide customer service to you, including responding to your questions and requests
- To enable you to access features of the Sites
- To notify you of changes to Virtue policies
- To provide you with more relevant communications, promotions and offers
- To allow you to share activities on social networking sites
- To protect the security of the Sites and to prevent fraud or other unlawful activities
- To comply with legal requirements
Virtue may disclose personal information we collect about you with third parties, such as to:
- Companies that will provide us with additional information about you that we will use for marketing purposes, including to develop and/or execute marketing campaigns
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers that we engage to do work for us, such as email service providers, direct mail companies, and website providers
- Beauty professionals who you may be a client of and who may promote Virtue products on our behalf, for example this may include sharing your transaction information such as your name, transaction date, total purchase amount, and products purchased
- Our affiliates or business partners, such as companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To government agencies or others as necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and consistent with other purposes authorized by law
- To other organizations, such as a buyer or other successor in interest, in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale, exchange, or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding
- We will also disclose information for any purpose or to any organization that you authorize or permit, such as when we request your consent to share your information and you agree
Virtue will make every reasonable effort to protect your information from theft, loss, misuse and alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or safe transmission of information you provide to us via the Internet.
We use payment card processors during order processing. Your payment data is delivered directly from the browser to the payment card processors, who handle your payment card data subject to industry standards regarding security.
You may change your account information at any time by logging into your account on the Sites. You can also modify the preferences for which we may contact you by logging into your account. You may also opt-out of Virtue email communications by clicking here or by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in any email you receive from Virtue.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to change your preferences for social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram, you must go to those sites directly.
Internet-Based or Customized Campaigns
If you choose to, you may disable cookies on your device. However, disabling cookies may prevent the Sites from working properly on your device, because we will not be able to identify you properly. This may also prevent us from sending offers or promotions that are tailored to you and relevant.
You may visit and browse the Sites without providing the Personal Information we request. However, this may limit your use of certain Site features or ability to receive certain products or services from us.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request this information once per calendar year by writing to us at Virtue, Attn: General Counsel, 426 S Dawson Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Virtue’s website is located in the United States using equipment based in the United States. By using the Site, you acknowledge that the Sites are subject to the laws of the United States. Virtue is an international company and may operate Sites in other countries. These Sites are subject to the privacy laws of these countries, which may be different than the United States.